Saturday, November 14, 2015

Loud Noises

Busy Place
I never enjoyed being in places with a multitude of people. Felt judged, crowded, and not comfortable. In fact, the thought of going to the mall does not excite me. And yes I know I am a 16 year old teenage girl. Walking around back and forth from one side of the mall to the other again and again until you find what you're looking for at a good price vs snuggling up with your dog and watching episodes of The Office (US) on Netflix. Now tell me which one sounds more appealing. However, I do enjoy new clothes... so you gotta do what you gotta do. Recently, my friend dragged me to the mall with her(because unlike me, she's a normal teenage girl who enjoys shopping). Knowing I wasn't going to buy anything, I spent a lot of time observing my surroundings. I followed her around while she'd ask my opinion of different clothing. I was used to doing so, so it didn't bother me. As 20 minutes passed, I was getting severely bored. So, I sat in one of the chairs outside the stores and I began to watch people as they did their own shopping. Everyone was different. The first person that caught my attention was a man of about 6 feet(maybe). He had a business suit on and had a bluetooth in his ear. He was sitting in a chair outside one of the many stores and looked focussed as his eyes were glued to his iphone. Probably looking at statistics, or whatever businessmen do. He looked like he had underlying stress problems. He seemed to be the type to always be busy and finally got the chance to take a break. He looked successful by the way he carried himself(suit,well-groomed,nice watch), but one could think he's lonely due to the fact he had no wedding ring and he was in his late 30's. The next person I noticed was a large woman with a young boy who looked to be the age of 7(presumably her son). The boy had a frown on his face by the way he was dragging his feet you could tell he did not want to be there. In his defense, neither did I. The woman also had a frown on her face, but she looked more irritated than sad. She looked like a stay-home mom who lived in an unhappy marriage and that kind of saddened me. The fourth person was a teenage boy and his girlfriend (they were holding hands). She was very pretty and he was handsome. They looked happy together but as a teenage girl herself with her own boyfriend, I can imagine they have their issues from time to time. She appeared attached to him by how closely they walked. Lastly was a goth girl. She wore dark clothing, heavy black makeup, and had the stereotypical jewelry to go along with it. Although the stereotype was that goth people are "vicious" and "people you don't want to mess with", this girl looked kind as she'd laugh with friends of similar appearance. Finally my friend was done and we could go home. On the way home, I wondered if people looked at me that deeply observant.

No comments:

Post a Comment