Sunday, November 15, 2015

Pitter-Patter

Wonders of Nature
One of my favorite things to do is watch the rain. Thunderstorms mainly, or just simple pouring rains. It is my favorite thing nature has to offer. Sitting in my room and listening to the rain is a magical thing. Makes me feel at peace. Hearing the individual drops hit my room window or being in a car and watching them slide down one by one on the passenger window. Racing which drop will make it to the bottom first. Rain is a beautiful and extraordinary thing. Watching and listening to thunderstorms from my bed is like nature giving me a grand performance. The thunder and lightning are all so fascinating to me. Always wondering and thinking to myself: How is this possible!?! These white cotton ball things in the sky are literally leaking water and making noise. Whenever I experience watching the rainfall, it makes me feel comfortable. No matter how many times I've seen it, it always makes me smile. Me being in my room, or under my covers makes the experience even better. Being in my bed is my favorite place to be (with my puppies of course).
I don't only feel this way when it rains at home. When I am at school and it is thunderstorming, I find it very ominous. With the fluorescent lights and dark clouded surroundings. Only hearing the sound of the pitter-patter of the rain as it falls, and drowning out the teachers boring lectures. Fills me with joy and makes me feel like I want to be at school for once. I think it is so important to have places like this in your life. Somewhere you can be yourself and not feel negative energy. Place where you can feel sane again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment