Saturday, November 14, 2015

Children At Work

Children
In my neighborhood, there are many kids. Their ages range from 1-15. I don't always see them playing outside but when I do, it's usually moms walking with their babies in the stroller. When I see babies I don't usually think of my childhood, but of my future. That one day I'd have a baby and a family. It makes me smile to see these women taking the time to enjoy and spend time with their child. When I see older kids ages from 5-10, they're either riding their bikes,playing with a football, or drawing on the sidewalk with chalk. Seeing kids this age makes me miss my childhood. They are so innocent and seem to not wonder about the world, but that's the difference. I wondered all about the world. Even though I say I miss my childhood, I always wanted to be older. I was a very independent child and still am. Even to this day I wish I was older. I guess it's more of I miss the simplicity of childhood and lack of responsibilities. I think I find myself acting more childlike when I am with my family and boyfriend. I am the youngest of 4 kids in my family and the oldest is 8 years older than me. So as you can imagine I feel quite young at times. When I am with my boyfriend, I act silly and I remember always being so silly when I was younger. I enjoy being a child except when it limits me. I like to be treated as equal, not based on how old I am because overall, I consider myself pretty mature.If I were to return to childhood, I would return to my oldest memories of when I was 5. I think I enjoyed life then, still being young with all my siblings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment