Sunday, November 15, 2015

Protests and Problems

Civil Disobedience
I have authority problems. I've never liked being told what to do, not now, and not ever. If I believe in my own opinion then I will argue it. I don't think I would ever feel compelled to break the law to protest, because if it's a protest and I agree with them then they can do the law breaking for me. I'm not sure how I feel about public protest. I honestly think it scares me a little. When I was in Mexico in August I saw a protest going on. There were probably hundreds of people, walking down the streets with signs and chanting the same thing over and over. Children and adults. The chants were in spanish of course, and spanish not being my first language, I asked my mom what they were saying. She said they were protesting about bus taxes and that the government had raised prices. Now if you have ever been to Mexico you would know that the people who live the use busses often. To get to school, work, and home. Every single day. I think that it's good that they're protesting. I just think that it unfortunate that that's what they have to do to get the government's attention. I think when a person fights for something they believe in, it is the greatest personality trait anyone could have. To have the courage and confidence to not just sit back and agree with whatever someone says.  To stand up for what you believe in. Martin Luther King Jr. for example. He had courage like no other, and although his life was taken wrongly for it, look at what he has done. He made people see his vision for the world. There is so much more power when someone is not taking a stand alone. And that is what protesting is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment